Winter is proving to be very cold and very boring lately. I decided to try my patience at making a gingerbread house with the she-beast child. We used the kit we won at Bingo Night. This act of family togetherness was thwarted by the dumb directions (which I didn't read in advance). Once we opened the kit, made the icing, opened the little bags of candy and erected the walls we find out that we had to wait one hour before attaching the roof and then wait
three more hours before proceeding. By the time the walls were up it was almost bedtime and I had to disappoint the child by making her wait almost 24 hours before decorating the house. I promised to assemble the roof while she was sleeping.
Once we actually got working on the decorations, the child could not help herself from trying to eat each and every part of the house. She licked every particle of frosting off of every surface it didn't belong and I had to threaten her within an inch of her life to keep her from consuming the icicles. I became quite a beast myself by the end of our masterpiece.
Before I found out what a pain in the tush this project was, I had high hopes of getting 2 more kits so we could have a gingerbread house village. We could also vote on who decorated the best house. I doubt that will happen and I wholeheartedly believe that I will try to preserve this house for decoration next year.
2 comments:
TOO CUTE!
Ding Brady Monster-head is totally gonna eat that house before you can put it into storage. Well, I would.
Post a Comment