Cheeseburger 's urethra is indeed blocked now. He was in a lot of pain when I took him to the vet today. They are going to "unblock" him tonight. Tomorrow the vet will cut off the end of his penis and reconstruct his urethra so it is much wider.
I am so thankful we are swimming in disposable income and can afford these luxuries.
:(
Now it is a few hours later than when I first posted this. I am just sick to my stomach to find out that Cheeseburger has followed the "worst case scenario" route the veterinarian laid out for us. He had his blockage cleared this evening and I was vigilant enough to catch it very early. His kidney function was completely normal and his bladder didn't rupture or anything. Tomorrow he will undergo a perineal urethrostomy which will widen his urethra. Unfortunately for him, we already robbed him of his testicles now we are having his pee pee chopped off.
I also ate 2 donuts today.
2 comments:
Ouch- for you and Cheeseburger! It's amazing what we'll do for our pets, even when they piss all over our stuff! We had a cat that couldn't poop, he had diverticulitis. We had to take the poor baby to get enemas all the time. He also had kidney and bladder issues. I'm sorry for your sick animals- hope all goes well with Cheeseburger...maybe this will stop all the peeing...
OUCH!
Poor Cheesy! I feel so bad for him. I am alos feeling very bad for your pocketbook.
I hope your household is pretty much over the "emergency everything" mode.
Post a Comment