I'm not shy about my lukewarm love of Christmas. Our tree is a whopping 3 feet tall and I try to limit the amount of Santa presents to one. I do try to stress the Jesus part a bit and this year it really clicked with Tom. She even ordered a book from school about the first Christmas. I am so happy. Not happy enough to put up our tree yet, but still happy.
Today Tom's school bus driver asked me if I was ready for Christmas. I said "not yet" and he replied with "no cookies?" Uuuuhhh NO. I didn't share with him that we don't bake 900 dozen cookies for several reasons:
1. I am a Weight Watcher with no self control.
2. Everyone else is baking cookies and cookies are everywhere.
3. It is messy and provides a little too much family time for me.
4. My cookies suck.
The bus driver then said "No cookies! No pickup!". I reminded him that we live 1/10 of a mile from the school and we would survive without his service.
I do think I may just bake him a batch of my famous Chocolate Chip and Cat Hair cookies just to shut him up.
6 comments:
"How Rude!!" a la stephanie tanner
That is absolutely fabulous. I have been very lukewarm to the holidays this year. I haven't bought anything yet and I just feel blah about it all.
Re: Toms migraines... migraines are the worst. I hope she doesn't get them often.
It's like you are saying what I'm thinking!! I keep having to explain why I don't celebrate Christmas to people and it's sooo annoying. I've decided to claim that I am Verdookian and I Celebrate Merlinpeen like the writers on 30 rock.
today I agree!! bah!!! humbug!
The Gramma is most pleased to note that Christmas will have more meaning than Santa gifts for another generation. Good job, Sarah!
I'm so sorry that Tom is plagued with migraines. I'm feeling frustrated, even from a distance, that I can't help make it better :-(
Post a Comment