Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sugar Buzz

Tom is a good eater at breakfast. It may be her favorite meal. I say "may" because I haven't asked her and I don't care to know. Tom often eats breakfast cereal and I like it because she can get it herself even if the gallon of milk is full.

I don't torture her with only Bran Flakes and those little nasty twigs that should only be used at Guantanamo Bay along with water boarding. I let Tom pick out whatever cereal she wants as long as it has 10g of sugar or less. I picked the arbitrary number of 10 as the limit of sugar in each serving of cereal. It ruled out most of the "Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bomb" cereals (thank you Calvin and Hobbes!) and yet left some of the good ones too. Lately, I have had to limit her to only one bowl. If left unattended, this kid can EAT! She is starting to eat what you may call a "balanced breakfast" with a banana and yogurt due to my new restriction.

Tom will be happy to discover that a ton of forbidden cereals are about to be legal for her because they are changing the sugar content to single digits. I can't wait to chow down on some Lucky Charms!

Click here for more info.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look to your blog for guidance in the sugar in cereal arena!! I was so disappointed in you claiming lucky charms will be single digit sugar...I read the charts and it shows it at 11 grams!! and that it has not been changed!! UGGG back to twig eating