Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Best day of my life so far

Warning: This is gross.

I'm lying. Sarina was quite ill over that last 24 hours. Lots of pooing in the house and even some vomit. All of this lovely stuff happened after I wrote yesterday's blog post. I was completely ready to put her down. I was sad and bawling my eyes out, but ready. Then as I was cleaning up a pile of vomit I found a long, thin worm. Yup! Sarina barfed up a roundworm. I already had an appointment with the vet so I put the worm in a baggie and

just a minute. . . Sarina just barfed again. . .

Okay, where was I? I put the worm in a baggie. Yes, I dug a WORM out of vomit. I hate hate hate hate hate hate worms.

So I put the dog in the car and it won't start. THANK GOD I CALLED OFF OF WORK.

Then I put the dog in the other car. We go to the vet. Sarina is officially diagnosed with worms and also not ill enough to be put to sleep yet. She has explosive poo in the lobby of the vet (I didn't have to clean it up) and we go home.

Sarina throws up some more and we are pretty sure she vomited up her de-worming medication. She has vomited twice more since I was writing this.

Please shoot me and put me out of my misery.

4 comments:

Cory Lynn said...

Poor doggy! She may be saying' "put me out of my misery" also. Frown.

Sarah said...

Sarina is a happy dog who wags her tail, barks at visitors and follows me around the house. She eats, and still takes walks. We will not put her out of her misery until she convinces she is in discomfort.

Iris Bee said...

Poor Sarina, yes, but poor, poor Sarah who gets to be "the mom".

Kelly said...

omg and i didn't think there was anything worse then sick kids, but this takes the cake... although we legally can't "put down" the kids when we/they have had enough.