Kate has been looking rather shabby and it was time for a trip to the vet. A special avian vet on the other side of Amherst! Road trip!
I had to buy them a new extra small cage for easier travel. The trip in the car was fun. Jack was singing to the radio and Kate was pestering him as usual. I almost had to threaten to pull the car over if they didn't cut it out. I buckled them into the car in case of sudden stops and I thought it was so cute, I took a picture:

The birds were quite chirpy despite the new cage and new surroundings. The didn't seem bothered at all. Here they are being happy waiting for the vet to some examine them:

The vet put them in a small plastic container to weigh them. Both birds were quite irritated with the whole experience, but Kate looked like a crazy demon bird:

Kate had her stool tested and it looked good. They did an antibiotic injection and asked to see her back next week. If we get lucky, she will get better and we can avoid further x-rays and bloodwork. Kate was a heinous bitch toward the vet (her usual mood) and got a few good nips in to show that vet who was boss.
Jack was an angel as usual. He was very laid back and healthy. When the vet returned a VERY ruffled Kate back to the cage, Jack was highly attentive and gave her lots of kisses. It was the cutest thing ever.
Get well soon Kate!
1 comment:
Jack and Kate are a very cute couple - I hope Kate feels better soon
Post a Comment