I don't like hot weather. Bailey is out of school and can get irritating when she is bored. She is no different than any kid, but I think Bailey is so much easier to deal with when she is given a schedule. I don't want to micromanage the entire summer, but I sat down with Bailey and gave her some ideas of some weekly activities that wouldn't cost us money every week. Each week day, we came up with 2 things to do. One thing is an "out of the house" thing and the other is a "nap time" activity. Avery will be napping at nap time.
Since it is Wednesday, and our schedule HAD to begin the minute we wrote it down, she chose POOL for Thursdays so she can go to the pool tomorrow.
Out of the House:
Monday: Playground
Tuesday: Picnic
Wednesday: Library (yes, after we wrote this schedule, we went directly to the library)
Thursday: Pool
Friday: Mall (this will end up costing us money, but frozen yogurt usually makes Bailey happy)
Naptime:
Monday: Girl Scout badge work
Tuesday: Board Game
Wednesday: Wii
Thursday: Read
Friday: Catch/Sports
I tried to tell Bailey that this schedule is not written in stone and can be altered as needed, but I doubt she understood. We know our Bailey and we love her, but changing plans is not in her DNA.
Since it is Wednesday, and our schedule HAD to begin the minute we wrote it down, she chose POOL for Thursdays so she can go to the pool tomorrow.
Out of the House:
Monday: Playground
Tuesday: Picnic
Wednesday: Library (yes, after we wrote this schedule, we went directly to the library)
Thursday: Pool
Friday: Mall (this will end up costing us money, but frozen yogurt usually makes Bailey happy)
Naptime:
Monday: Girl Scout badge work
Tuesday: Board Game
Wednesday: Wii
Thursday: Read
Friday: Catch/Sports
I tried to tell Bailey that this schedule is not written in stone and can be altered as needed, but I doubt she understood. We know our Bailey and we love her, but changing plans is not in her DNA.
No comments:
Post a Comment