Friday, April 19, 2013

Atlanta

Back in March, I went to Atlanta for work.  I attended the Public Health Preparedness Summit.  I generally don't get to go to big conferences like this ever.  There were about 1700 attendees and they were all in my field of work.

I stayed with a friend nearby to save on hotel costs so I got to see some of Atlanta.  Here is a picture from my walk to work one morning.


At the Peachtree MARTA (train/subway) station there is an incredibly long escalator.  Probably the longest one I've ever been on.


This is the location of the Summit.  It was held at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis.  It was a very nice venue.


You could affix a state ribbon to your name badge and seem important.  I almost reached for New York, but figured out I represent Ohio now.  I even saw people from Alaska and American Samoa.



A dead rat in the street.  This is now the background for my phone screen.

My friend Annie lives right across the street from Mary Macs Tea House which is quite the tourist destination.  The food was good.  I just had a side item smorgasbord.  Fried Okra, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes and Mac and Cheese.

This is Annie's dog Charlie.  Charlie likes to steal your clothes.  I was in the process of trying to retrieve my socks when I decided to take a picture.  Charlie liked to run and run and run with your clothes.  Never a dull moment.

I took the MARTA to visit the birthplace of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  It was a nice place to visit.  You have the whole neighborhood to visit.  I liked it a lot.  It was very difficult to score a tour of the home because they are so limited.

Final resting place is down the street and next to the church.

Ebenezer Church is across the street from the visitors center.

No comments: