Since the weather remains to be icy cold and my face gets wind burnt after 10 seconds outside, I borrowed a butt load of videos from the library. The young one has been expanding her movie horizons lately and successfully watched Jurassic Park and Labyrinth. She fell in love with Labyrinth and watches it over and over. The Dark Crystal is next on the list!
She has also been quite interested in the movies that Nick and I watch. This weekend we watched Silence of the Lambs. Tom Brady wanted a recap of the "beginning, middle and end" of the movie. I told her that it was about a bad man in prison who killed (and ate) people. He helped the police find another killer if the police promised to give him a jail cell with a window. The bad man in prison ended up escaping. Then they caught the bad guy. Here is a video of her describing the "beginning, middle and end" of Silence of the Lambs. You might not understand a word she is saying, but I thought she portrayed the drama perfectly.
Nick was at the dinner table with Tom Brady explaining the reasons that some creatures eat their young. His main reasoning is that rude and disrespectful children get eaten by their parents. This conversation was all in fun and Tom Brady had the comment "just like in Silence of the Lambs!". Now I fear that I may get a nasty letter from school requesting that cannibalism not be discussed at home.
Now off the topic of cannibalism, Tom Brady had a friend over to play on Sunday. Of course, Tom Brady wanted to watch Labyrinth. I had a bit of trouble deciding whether or not to show this movie to her friend because it isn't rated. Tom Brady was also concerned because the movie has "fart noises". I asked her friend if her Mom would approve of a movie with flatulence. Her friend replied with "I fart all the time and my Mom doesn't mind".
6 comments:
Awesome. I remember watching Slap Shot and Texas Chainsaw Massacre at a very young age. Slap Shot is still one of my faves.
You guys crack me up! I SO wanted to watch Silence of the Lambs when it first came out, but my mom said "not til ur 17" so my friend and I HAD to sneak a peek and watched it- I should have waited til I was 17- i've never been the same since. AND I LOVED Labyrinth as a child- haven't seen it in years!
Yeah, i wouldn't worry about school, the teacher might have to contact you to complain. I think you are safe there! hah
Can't wait for Tom Brady to visit so we can watch "Labyrith" together. You can keep "Silence of the Lambs"; I STILL can't watch it!
I LOVE labyrinth!!! and dark crystal too!! way to go for jim hensen movies :)
I agree she really portrayed the drama of the movie in her explaination
If you don't let her watch the violent movies, she'll never become de-sensitized!
Post a Comment