Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday

I almost forgot that I was trying to write a blog every day this week. Today I tried to walk the doggie and it was almost too much for her little paws. I heard on the news this week that snow and ice gets stuck between their toes and becomes painful. This does happen occasionally, but was a big problem today. Sarina decided she couldn't go on and I almost had to pick her up and carry her. I did talk her back into standing up and limping the last 200 feet of our journey. To prevent this problem, the news they suggested spraying nonstick cooking spray on the bottom of the dog's feet, smearing their feet with vaseline or using dog booties.

I went with option #3 and bought shoes for my dog. I successfully got 2 shoes on her and tried to go for a short walk in front of the house. The doggie managed to remove one shoe and I put it back on and she then removed the other. Tomorrow I will trim the excess velcro (as suggested on the dog shoe website) and embarass our dog who will have no way to remove the shoes.

I will be persistent with our little granny dog until she gives up and the dog shoes win. I will post pictures once I take them.

No comments: