Sunday, February 8, 2009

10 year plan

I know everyone is wondering if I heard from Tom Brady's teacher. Yes, she did email me back and told me that Tom Brady did deserve a different grade and she apologized. I'm sure she had a million other choice things to say, but didn't. She is a nice teacher.

We received our tax refund and now are proud to say that we have paid off both automobiles. By the end of the month, we should have zero credit card debt. Good for us! Our next goal is to build a savings account. We have decided to set a goal of 6 months of living expenses. We have the ability to reach our goal in 12 months. With our will-power this should take approximately 50 years.

This wacky goal of having a savings account means that we have to save save save for another year. Yes, this sucks but we have a 10-year plan! Noooooo our plan does not involve a house of our own or more kids. My plan is to take a vacation and leave Tom Brady at home to pet-sit. Tom Brady did the math all by herself and discovered that she will be 16 in 10 years. We told her she can even have her boyfriend over while we are away. She said it was an okay arrangement realizing that we don't need to find a babysitter OR a pet sitter and she can hang out by herself. Unfortunately, she has expressed her dissatisfaction about picking up poop.

Tom Brady, thinking logically as usual has decided that she can take on the job of pet-sitting for us in 10 years because she can have her boyfriend pick up the poop for her.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I don't like 10-year plans. they make me feel old. the idea of tom brady being old enough for boyfriends and drivers licenses makes me feel old. lets discuss funny book titles again, ok?

Justin said...

congratulations! i'm jealous :)

Iris Bee said...

Your father is very proud, I'm sure.
Your mother, however, is intimidated.

Anonymous said...

I'll come watch Tom and you two can go on vacay sooner. Since I'm not doing Guatemala I'm free.