I'm sure my Mom will admit that she wasn't much of a push-over kind of Mom. Now that I have my own spawn, I think that was cool.
On Sunday, I tell Tom Brady that she is going to clean her room after breakfast. We eat breakfast and I send her up to her room to start cleaning. She tries to talk back and may possibly have said "NO". That is so not cool. She comes downstairs and Nick and I send her back up calmly and say that she is not to leave her room until it is clean. She is prepared to stay there all day and not clean.
The sad part is that her room really wasn't that messy. It would have taken her less than 10 minutes. By noon, her room is considerably more messy and she starts to ask for food. Nick and I continue to calmly refuse to feed her until her room is clean.
About 1pm I find her laying on the floor with 2 toy snakes tied around her neck, reading a book. Hmmmmmm. Suicide attempt? I don't know, but it was obvious that she had started cleaning and by 1:30, she was done and ready for lunch. Nick and I declared victory without even yelling or spanking. I am a believer in yelling and spanking, but used with discretion.
Now it is Monday. Somehow, I end up inviting one of her friends in the house to play. This is out of my character but I love when they take Tom Brady off my hands. The last time this friend was over, they ended up following me around the house bothering me for 3 hours. This time I send them to Tom Brady's room and tell them to play in there. The banishment to the bedroom lasted about 10 minutes and they are begging for food, eating, begging for food, torturing all 3 pets, begging for food. . . . Now comes the bananas. I tell the friend that the bananas are still green and not so good to eat yet. She takes one anyway. Tom Brady wants one (she doesn't really like bananas) I tell them that if they don't eat the bananas, I will get mad.
After ONE BITE of the banana, the friend decides to throw her away. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I get steaming mad. I calmly tell her that I warned them and especially Tom Brady about wasting the bananas. I also told her that I am not a "nice mom" and she crossed the line.
Fortunately Tom Brady's friend immediately said "lets play upstairs" and I didn't see or hear her until her mom came to pick her up. Of course, I explained to her mom that I was stern with her daughter and may have scared her to death. Her mom seemed cool about it and they invited Tom Brady to a basketball game on Sunday.
1 comment:
Go,Mean Mom! I know just what that's like--including frightening all the neighbor kids to death! Why? Because I'm Sarah's Mean Mom!
Post a Comment