Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dinner Conversation

This post is not about tonight's dinner. I was feeling overwhelmed with parenting today and I skipped dinner. I didn't actually skip dinner. I cut up a whole chicken (totally gross) and made this recipe that I tore out of November's Real Simple magazine. It was pretty good and really simple as the magazine suggests. Unfortunately, I left Nick to discuss the day with Tom. I had to escape and walk the dog before my head exploded.

I have been working almost every day as a lunch lady at different schools around the neighborhood. At dinner last week, Tom was sick and tired of my dinnertime interrogation and she tried to interrogate me. She asked (in her most grown up voice):

"So Mom, what is your favorite dish to wash? Spoons?"

That really cracked me up but maybe you had to be there.

2 comments:

Iris Bee said...

Well, you didn't HAVE to be there; I could imagine the voice and the face and I was amused! But, it's Tom Brady, ya know?

felicity said...

I prefer forks myself. Maybe it's just the way it sounds. Try saying it like twenty times. It will amaze you.....fork...fork....fork...fork...fork...fork..