Tom's football team had a party at Lasertron this evening. Pizza and video games went smoothly for Tom. Then came the actual laser tag part. I was trying to be a tough parent and make Tom play with her friends. It was a massive FAIL. Tom wanted no part of it without her Mom. I wanted her to face her fear and step outside of her comfort zone. NO! That was not happening despite the fact that she knew every single person playing, it was a NEGATIVE. Grrrrr.
At the very very very last second, I give in and agree to play with her. So much for her being a well adjusted and independent child. I am sure this is why she won't pee at school. I blame myself 100%.
I did not want to play at all. I wanted to hang out with one of the other Mom's in the food area with her 2 year old while we make fun of the rest of the parents. bzzzzzz. Wrong Answer! Not gonna happen. I was pissed off.
The whole Training video Tom was holding my hand. She was especially put-off by the idea of the Rapid Fire Mode. It just sounded too scary for her. Then when the game actually started, she couldn't make her laser gun fire because you have to depress 3 buttons at once. It sounds much worse than it actually is. Tom took to laser tag quite easily. She basically stuck to one ramp area protecting one of our team's home bases. Tom never left her ramp which was directly in front of the score screen so she could monitor the situation.
I had a great time once I was sure that Tom was fully enjoying herself. By the end, I was a disgusting sweaty mess, but smiling.
Tom is fully ready to go back again. SOON! I look forward to it. Hooray for trying new things.
2 comments:
i've never played lazer tag but Robin on HIMYM really seems to like it.
OMG!! I know! It is so much fun. I've played it twice before and must say it was the best accidental excersize I ever got. I was a sweat ball afterwards too.
Post a Comment