Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

It is officially the morning after. Tom slept until exactly 7am after the Daylight Savings Time adjustment. Her first words to me were "Daylight Savings Time ends today". I thought this was odd for a child to care about. About after 10 minutes of discussion of candy and stuff, I realized that it is now November and got excited to change the calendars. I questioned Tom if she changed the calendars in her room (she has 3) and her response was "of course!". I sometimes wonder if I have the only child in the universe that loves calendars so much, she changes them before using the restroom in the morning.

Trick or Treating went well. We dragged Tom up and down all new streets of the neighborhood then hit the streets we usually visit. Luckily, in our town there are NO SPECIFIC TIMES for trick or treating so we went out before 6pm and stayed out until about 8:45 when there were only large crowds of high schoolers left to wander the streets. Nick and I were the only parents to dress up. I thought this was odd, but maybe all of the dressed up adults were at cool parties that we weren't invited to attend. Sad Face.

Tom got a ton of candy that included several full-sized varieties of candy and a super cool Tom's of Maine tube of toothpaste. I still am getting used to the suburban haul of candy. Back in the Old South End of Toledo you would get a bag full of Tootsie Rolls, rock-hard gum, smarties and those black and orange peanut butter chewy things. There was someone over near Jones Jr. High that passed out toothbrushes. Oh the memories.

We did not end up purchasing extra toilet paper that Tom suggested earlier in the month for throwing in the trees. She was under the impression that it was a requirement and not for fun. She made it sound like a chore to TP every single house that didn't pass out candy. She was okay when I said No.

Tom's Bleeding Scream Face:


Sarina in her bee costume. She loves it can't you tell?


Dr. Nick and Sarina


Tom and I. I was a chubby Hermione from Harry Potter.

Tom's candy with the big candy (and toothpaste on top)

4 comments:

Susan said...

The candy is amazing! I need to move to Buffalo apparently.

Susan said...

The candy is amazing! I need to move to Buffalo apparently.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am jealous! I remember the janky trick-or-treats in Toledo. Remember that year a bunch of us dressed as M&Ms? I think that was our last year of trick-or-treat before we were too old/pathetic to pull it off. Oh, the memories.

Patricia said...

is that a time turner you are wearing??? looks pretty authentic to me!