Saturday, November 28, 2009

Electronics Graveyard Part II

Awhile ago we had a rash of broken electronic items. The 2nd wave is here but I think it is a good time of year for replacements.

Our bathroom scale that I bought the last time is now malfunctioning. I hope I can just replace the batteries.

The hand-me-down DVD player eject button disappeared into the player. We can still use the remote for the 60% of the time when the player will actually play.

Zelda, our sexy Garmin GPS has fallen silent. Rest in Peace Zelda. You and Nick had a great year-or-so together. I wish you were still under warranty. You are hopefully being replaced today thanks to Best Buy and their post-Thanksgiving sale.

Nick's ultra fragile work laptop stopped working this weekend and when they sent the replacement shell, it too is broken.

The water heater has broken and we will do without hot water for a couple days. We will go greasy today but start begging for showers tomorrow. Nick has to leave for a work conference on Monday and I don't think the person he sits next to on the airplane wants to sit next to a fella that hasn't showered in 3 days.

No comments: