Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicago Bound

Sunday I drop Tom Brady with her Cincinnati Grandparents for a few weeks. My mood will cheer up considerably without the spawn. Yes, I can go 3 weeks without my child. Yes, I will miss her. I'm sorry you can't go that long without YOUR kids. I've heard it all. I'm not guilty. I love my solitude and I love my in-laws because they put up with her for so long. My parents are in training for this type of Grandparenting.

As a celebration of being childless, I am going to Chicago with a couple friends. I guess you can call it a "girl's weekend". It will probably be the last one of those in awhile because the girls I am going with are technically Newlyweds and are probably dying to breed in the next couple years. They don't know how much they will cherish their freedom after they reproduce. I can't discourage them though. For the record: I have no problem with child-lovers having children.

As the fun weekend approaches, we are starting to make plans. Kim is in Indiana, Pattie is in Nebraska and I am in New York. All of our plans are being made via emails and the "reply all" button. I announced that I NEED to go to the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Museum of Science and Industry. Tom Brady is so jealous, but I promised her I would bring some loot home. She wrote me a list in typical Tom Brady fashion.

Some of the items I have found are available are actually on her list.

-Marauders Map
-Time Turner Necklace
-Souvenir Wands (Voldemort, Ron, Dolores Umbridge. . . )

I told her the Marauders Map is $50 and the Time Turner Necklace is $60 and I can't afford EVERYTHING on her list. I probably could swing a single expensive item. Despite Tom's cleverness in so many subjects, she has no concept of money. Her reply to my inability to afford the Map and Necklace was:

"Don't worry. You can get both. I have cents. I spent my last dollar but are cents enough?"

Hmmmm. Do you think she may have 6000 cents in her lady bug bank? I guess we can open up the football helmet bank AND the Big Boy bank. . .

2 comments:

Patricia said...

YAY! I'm sooo excited for Chicago!!! and for the record, your mommy tales have me thinking hard about creating my own spawn.

Kimberly said...

I am extremely excited for many reasons. Girl time. The museum. And eating. And drinking. Yay! P.S. My baby fever has passed. I'll live vicariously through your blog.