Yesterday was Tom's first football practice. She was all smiles and had a loads of fun.
Today is a different story. She has football in 57 minutes and I ask her to read and sign the Code of Conduct. She refuses after she gets to this part:
*Will not intentionally hurt/maim (physically or verbal assault) a teammate, opposing player, coach or bystander.
Yes, my sweet little Tom Brady has aspirations of being physically and verbally abusive to everyone around her. What a beast! At this very moment, she is drinking milk straight out of the gallon jug.
Truthfully, I let her drink the last little bit of milk in the jug and she is too impatient for me to systematically define the following words while putting them in the context of the sentence.
*intentionally
*maim
*physically
*verbal
*assault
*opposing player
*bystander
She won't sign the agreement because she feels that it prohibits her from tackling the other team.
I may need to ask the coach to explain this to Tom in a more "coachly" manner. I can't blame her for reading carefully before signing on the dotted line.
1 comment:
You go, Tom! I have tears from laughing so hard! What a kid!
Post a Comment