I just want to clarify that Radio (my sister's cat) is not the devil despite the awful stories you might hear. Or this terrifying picture. Look at his sharp pointy teeth and beware!
He is a MONSTER!! Just kidding, I just caught him in a yawn. He actually looks like this:
I would love to describe Radio as precocious, but after I looked that up in the dictionary I realize that this term is often mis-used. Did I just mis-use a hyphen? I digress. Radio is a very busy cat. He spends his day sleeping (minimally), scavenging for food, hiding from Cheeseburger and biting.
Lets look at all of these activities in a little more depth:
Sleeping
Radio sleeps but, he seems to sleep less than any other cat. He is a light sleeper because he has to investigate any sounds. He might be more curious than the other two tubs of lard in the house that remain on their fat butts when I come home. Radio runs to the door to check out the situation (and see if you brought home any food). Radio enjoys sleeping on the dining room chairs and in Nina's bed. Right now he is NOT sleeping in the living room window.
Scavenging for Food
000000000000000000000000000 (Leroy just typed that. Thank you Leroy)
Radio is a growing kitty and feels the need to eat everything. He especially enjoys stealing food off of the counter or the dining room table when you are not looking. He likes to eat dog food and also bugs. This cat never stops thinking about food. He loves chips and pizza. He will munch on uncooked spaghetti or egg noodles. He once opened a mini fridge and removed frozen peas for a late night feast. Pop Tarts do not stand a chance unless fiercely guarded or stored in the refrigerator (the kind he can't open). This cat will open the box of Pop Tarts and shred the foil bags just to get at the pastry goodness inside.
Hiding from Cheeseburger
Not only is Radio scared of his own shadow he is also scared of Cheeseburger the Lard. Cheeseburger hated Radio so much he "marked" the entire house just to show Radio that he owns Ding Ding's bed, Ding Ding's bedroom, the bathroom, the coat closet, the living room, the dining room, the basement and the play room (specifically Ding Ding's pirate hat). Radio now will not make sudden movements around Cheeseburger and seeks out confined areas to hide in when Cheeseburger looks at him. One of his recent favorites is behind the toilet. This gives Cheeseburger a perfect opportunity to try to rip his face off. This injury appeared yesterday after Nina left for a trip to Ohio. Notice a dark line next to Radio's nose. Ouch.

It is these types of injuries why Cheeseburger is the one on anti depressants/anxiety drugs. Radio still gets some good shots in although he has his nails trimmed. These next pictures are of Cheeseburger. I admit, they could be twins so don't feel bad if you can't tell them apart. Cheeseburger has some nice scratches on his nose. Luckily, he stopped peeing when we put him on the drugs.


Biting
Radio likes to bite. If it isn't Cheeseburger, Radio will bite it. Radio bites power cords, plastic bags, Leroy, Sarina, Nina, Ding Ding or boxes of Pop Tarts. Most cats will tolerate being picked up even if they are in a rotten mood. You cannot pick up Radio when he is feeling feisty. You get hissed at, growled at and mostly bitten. Nina and Ex-Boyfriend nicknamed him Bitey.
That is the end of the pet torture until we get another one.
1 comment:
I really, really, really miss my cats at my parent's house! I want a cat so badly, but Anne is allergic. I hate allergies. I love cats. Not fair.
Post a Comment