In my last blog, I was cleaning the oven. This was not the most exciting activity ever, but Ding Ding made it really fun this morning. Last night, I purchased some Family Dollar brand oven cleaner and followed the directions for "overnight cleaning". This morning, the kiddo was eating breakfast at the kitchen table while I wiped the oven clean with a "wet rather than a damp cloth or sponge using warm water".
She started her commercial. . . Are you tired of scrubbing? You should try a new amazing scrubber! Just send $95 for your FREE SAMPLE scrubbing brush! Call 874930847562740 Now! I can't say it was word-for-word, but you get the point. It was similar to her comment "You can do it too in three easy steps!" at dinner the other night.
Where does she get it? The kid only watches PBS and Sports. Do they have commercials directed at ladies with dirty ovens? No, but Dr. Phil does. She stopped dead yesterday during Dr. Phil when she heard Billy Mays (The Oxi Clean/Orange Glo/Mighty Putty Guy) screaming his flipping head off about some new household product. She asked just yesterday "Why does he always have to yell?". I tried to explain but before I could finish, there was another commercial featuring our loud friend Billy Mays pitching not another household product, but health insurance!
Update on the Oven: It is mostly clean, but I might try another round of cleaning with the real oven cleaner just to make it perfect before I destroy it again. The baking soda didn't really work that well and isn't all that inexpensive when you buy a can of oven cleaner for $1 at Family Dollar. I was shocked at the ultra thrifty price.
Of course, when I was wiping the grime out of the oven with a paper towel, the kid said "eeeeewwwww gross!". After the zillionth time of hearing this, I considered sticking my head inside the oven. . .not really. . . it's electric.


2 comments:
The oven looks lovely!
Mr. Clean would be very proud of you!!!
Post a Comment