Thursday, February 11, 2010

Excuses Excuses

I am pretty sure the thing I hate most on the planet are excuses. They are the reason bad things happen to good people. Excuses were the sole reason for the fall of the Roman Empire I believe. I especially hate it when people are 10 minutes late for work and then waste 10 more minutes giving the longest excuse in the world. I had a rather long narrative to share when I got to work this morning. It went a little like this:

I was warming my car up this morning for 20 minutes only to realize that the low fuel light has been on in my car for the past 2 days. So, I made a quick trip to the gas station before work. When I got to the gas station I realized that my fuel door was frozen shut by like a 1/2 inch of ice, but I needed gas SO BAD, I spent a few minutes chipping the ice away. After I got some gas, I got on the road and there was an accident that was blocking traffic and I had to wait forever to get around it. That is why I am late for work.

But this morning doesn't compare to my afternoon yesterday! I stopped at Home Depot and the Veterinarian before getting my kid off the bus at 3pm. I had 30 minutes to complete those 2 errands which would have been fine if the veterinarian didn't charge me double for my regular refill of anti anxiety pills for the tinkle puss! It turns out that instead of the 25mg pills that I usually get, they filled the prescription with 1/2 tablets of the 50mg pills. The 50mg pills cost 4 times as much as a 25mg pill when it should only cost twice as much so they had to adjust my price. I left the vet without the pills because the nice lady couldn't figure out how to charge me $10 instead of $20. I get home to find my daughter freaking out because the dog had diarrhea all over the carpet. Then I had to clean up the poo and go back to the vet to get the pills.

Just imagine me trying to spit all of that out in one breath. In retrospect, I should have just stuck with "sorry I'm late!".

No comments: