Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thanks Tom

I took Tom to Wal Mart to pick out a 2nd pair of glasses for that inevitable time when she loses or breaks hers. I feel that I will be less likely to beat her if we already have a pair waiting for that moment.

Wal Mart sells $9 frames and $29 lenses which can leave you walking out of there only spending $38 on a pair of glasses. Perfect! They also have a wide selection of frames ranging from $38-$68. I would also possibly go for a $98 frame without flinching.

Tom chose one of those indestructible twisty bendy frames meant for children who feel a need to bend and twist their glasses daily. I don't think that Tom is one of those kids and I really pushed for something that was not the most expensive youth frame they sell. I gave in and let her get what she wanted since they were the same price as the ones we got from LensCrafters. She might actually wear them.

The nice lady also adjusted Tom's current glasses and informed us that they were badly out of adjustment. She probably was thinking that I made the right choice since it appears that Tom bends and twists her glasses when I'm not looking. I noticed that the glasses were a hot mess, but figured that the fit fine since they were only a few weeks old.

On a really fabulous note, Tom's headaches are virtually gone since she has been wearing her glasses. Life is good.

No comments: