Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I went grocery shopping at ALDI. I haven't been to ALDI in a few months, but I missed that place I guess. A regular ALDI shopper knows to keep a quarter handy to rent one of their carts. They have this little device where you insert a quarter and it unchains a cart. When you are done shopping, you return the cart so you can get your quarter back.

Here are some photos I borrowed. These carts look like the ALDI carts in Ohio. Ours in New York are different, but the same concept.


I did not have a quarter yesterday but I did have a Chuck E Cheese token. I attempted to be shrewd and trick the cart into thinking I was inserting a quarter. It did not work. I was embarrassed to discover that a Chuck E Cheese token is slightly larger in diameter than a real quarter. I was also embarrassed to realize that I am indeed a real MOM. Only a Mom would have no cash, but a Chuck E Cheese token. How depressing.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

I love Aldi. The other day a kid was trying to get a cart for his mom with a Chuck E Cheese token so I gave him a quarter. I saw her in her car looking all embarrassed. I thought it was kind of funny. I love how she avoided eye contact through out the store!