Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympic Sized Complaint

We are fans of the Olympics. We watch pretty much NOTHING but the Olympics when they are on. Our daughter is sports obsessed every single day of her life and it makes all 3 of us happy. Tonight the USA was playing Canada in hockey. I am not much of a hockey fan, but I admit it was a big event worthy of watching.

We find out that NBC is not showing the game. Luckily, we pay $10 a month for a rare version of cable called the "broadcast tier" which gives us the chance to watch CTV which is the big Canadian station. Naturally, CTV is showing the game and we all watched . Tom was passed out on the couch before 9pm, but she has school tomorrow so we let her sleep.

Mid game, we were still flabbergasted that NBC would show ice dancing instead of hockey. Ice dancing? This is not figure skating. Ice dancing is the red headed step child of figure skating. Ice dancing SUCKS. We flip over just to see if NBC changed it's mind. No they didn't and this is what we saw:

Nick and I were sure that we needed to burn our eyes out with a red hot poker after seeing this. CLICK HERE for the story where I borrowed the picture. The title of the story is "Russian ice dancing routine absurdly out of place". The article explains a lot and makes me even more happy I was able to see the hockey game.

By the way, the US and A (Borat style) won the game and I just about had a heart attack during the last 3 minutes. Ryan Miller from the Buffalo Sabres was the goalie and he was quite fantastic.

3 comments:

Cory Lynn said...

I am just glad I didn't work last night. I bet there were a lot of calls. You wouldn't believe how many people think we choose what the networks air. Haha.

Patricia said...

i am obsessed with curling.. its my new favorite sport. I want to start a league in nebraska city - its cold enough and icy enough we could play in the road

Jim, Kelly's husband said...

You know if you go to nbcolympics.com you can put in your zip code and it will tell you what events are on what channel, sadly in this country Ice dancing is more of a draw than the hockey game....sad...sad...sad